Tuesday, October 23, 2012

#23: Fallin' For You

Phillip Phillips and Elise Testone song-shot


~ ~ ~

Phillip Phillips laid out a blanket as his girlfriend Elise Testone was walking back from their car with a picnic basket in hand. The couple is about to celebrate their ten-month anniversary being boyfriend and girlfriend by having a picnic at Elise’s favorite park, in which Phillip hadn’t been yet.
Phillip had moved to New Jersey approximately two years ago. His parents didn’t come with him due to their on-growing business, which is the pawnshop. He lived in a small cheap apartment. He goes to school in the morning and works as a signer in a pub at night. Even though Phillip had been living in that town for a long time already, he still hasn’t been able to explore, to see the beauty of New Jersey, and see tourist spots.
Being a normal seventeen-year-old guy, he should be out with his guys clubbing, partying or drinking. But Phillip wasn’t that type. He has a social life, yes, but every time after school, Phillip goes straight to his apartment, do his homework, and prepares to go to his night job.
Then came the time Phillip got bored with his daily routine. He wanted to hang out with his friends, meet girls, drink, and party without having to worry about his job that only pays him seventy bucks maximum. So, Phillip left his job and experienced partying ‘till dawn. And that’s where he met Hannah.



Hannah Blackwell gave life to Phillip’s little world. They clicked immediately when they met. The two of them spent their evenings almost everyday. Hannah’s a photography student and she would always travel to places and bring Phillip along with her. Like normal couples do, they had their ups and downs. Phillip found out that Hannah’s starting to get bored with him so she started seeing someone else. Phillip and Hannah’s relationship only lasted for three months.
Losing Hannah brought the old Phillip: the singer at the local pub Phillip.  Summer came by and he went to visit his family back in Leesburg, Georgia. Senior year came fast and Phillip was back in his tiring daily routine.
Then Elise Testone entered Phillip’s life.
Elise was also a senior like Phillip. She was in his English class and he would always catch her staring at him, which literally freaked him out to wits end. She was like his stalker. Well, a pretty stalker. Phillip secretly thinks Elise is pretty. He doesn’t like to think that she is quite obsessed with him, but he’s starting to like the idea. One day, he saw her sitting alone at the school’s front yard reading a book. Phillip made his way to her and sat down beside her but she didn’t noticed him.
“Colton, for the ninth time, I am not convincing Ericka to give you those Batman shoes you’ve always wan—” Elise paused as she glanced at the boy sitting beside her. “—ted.”
“So, Colton hangs with you guys, huh?” Phillip asked.
Elise nodded nervously. “Yeah, we are like his second group of friends because you’re like his best friend and no one can replace you.” She answered.
Phillip chuckled. “Anyway, I talked to you because I want to know you more. You seem like a very interesting friend.”
Elise felt her cheeks heat up. “Well, if that’s the case, I’m—“
“Elise Testone. I know.” Phillip finished for her.
“And you are the famous Phillip Phillips. I know because I know.” Elise said, blushing when she realized Phillip already knows her name.
Ever since then, Phillip and Colton started to hang out more with Elise’s group of friends. Months passed and Phillip and Elise became inseparable. They give each other ride homes frequently; prefers to hang out with each other rather than with the whole group and Colton and the rest started to get suspicious. Their suspicions were proved correct when Phillip and Elise finally confirmed that they are, indeed, a couple.
Phillip even asked Elise to go to senior prom with him and she, no doubt about that said yes…immediately. They graduated and attended separate colleges but still managed to stay strong and together.
Today was their tenth-month anniversary.
“So, what did you bring?” Phillip asked as Elise was finally seated down on the picnic blanket.
“The usual food people bring on a picnic.” Elise answered with a sigh.
Phillip nodded. He watched as Elise took out the contents of the basket. His eyes suddenly gravitated upward and it finally landed on Elise. For Phillip, Elise grew more and more beautiful each day. He didn’t even know that was possible. He couldn’t think of anyone more beautiful than his girlfriend. Heck, even Hannah has nothing on Elise. All of a sudden, Phillip noticed a guitar case with its strap on Elise’s shoulder.
“You brought a guitar?” Phillip asked.
Elise pursed her lips together, nodding. “Because I’m going to play something for you in a little while.”
“Can you play it for me now?” Phillip requested.
Elise smiled. “Okay.” She took out the guitar and strummed a few strings. “So, this is an original song. I wrote it for you when I was just crushing on you. Before you first talked to me in the school yard.”
“Let’s hear it then.” Phillip said.
Elise started playing the chords and finally she sang.
I don't know but
I think I maybe
Falling for you
Dropping so quickly
Maybe I should keep this to myself
Waiting 'till I know you better

I am trying not to tell you
But I want to
I'm scared of what you'll say
So I'm hiding what I'm feeling
But I'm tired of
Holding this inside my head

I've been spending all my time
Just thinking 'bout you
I don't know what to do
I think I'm falling for you
I've been waiting all my life
And now I found you
I don't know what to do
I think I'm falling for you
I'm falling for you

As I'm standing here 
And you hold my hand
Pull me towards you
Then we start to dance
All around us
I see nobody
Here in silence
It's just you and me

I'm trying not to tell you
But I want to
I'm scared of what you'll say
So I'm hiding what I'm feeling
But I'm tired of
Holding this inside my head

I've been spending all my time
Just thinking 'bout you
I don't know what to do
I think I'm falling for you
I've been waiting all my life
And now I found you
I don't know what to do
I think I'm falling for you
I'm falling for you

Oh I just can't take it
My heart is racing
Emotions keep spinning out


I've been spending all my time
Just thinking 'bout you
I don't know what to do
I think I'm falling for you
I've been waiting all my life
And now I found you
I don't know what to do
I think I'm falling for you
I'm falling for you

I think I'm falling for you
I can't stop thinking 'bout it
I want you all around me
And now I just can't hide it
I think I'm falling for you
I can't stop thinking 'bout it
I want you all around me
And now I just can't hide it
I think I'm falling for you

I'm falling for you

Ooohh
Ooh no no
Oooohh

Oooh, I'm falling for you
“Fallin’ for you,” Elise said, “that’s the title of the song.”
Phillip shook his head in disbelief. “Wow, just…wow.”
“Do you like it?” Elise asked.
“Are you kidding? I love it! I’ve never had a girl write a song for me before.” Phillip answered.
Elise was so happy, she leaned in and gave Phillip a full kiss on the lips. “Thanks.”
“You’re amazing, you know that?” Phillip asked.
“I know.”
“And that’s why I fell for you.”   

No comments:

Post a Comment