Thursday, February 28, 2013

#30: Kiss You

A James Reid and Fretzie Bercede song-shot


~ ~ ~

Two weeks ago...

James and I were driving home from school one day when a thought came crossing my mind. I smiled, turned to James and tapped his shoulder.

James gave me a quick sideway glance for he was focusing on the road. "Yeah?"

"Did you hear the announcement a while ago?" I asked.

"Yeah I did. Why?"

"I was thinking... maybe we should, you know, sing together." I answered.





When we reached an intersection and the light glowed red, he stopped the car. James took the chance to face me. "At the assembly?" he asked with an eyebrow raised.

I gave him a shrug. "Well, yeah. It's just that I felt like I've been hiding under the shadow - your shadow -  for quite a long time now and I just want to...you know, show everybody that I exist." I answered, hinting him on something.

"Wait. What do you mean 'hiding under my shadow for too long'?" 

I sucked in a lot of air and drew it all out in a long sigh. By that time, the light has already turned green and James accelerated the car. My house wasn't that far from where we are now so I told James that we'll hold the conversation and just continue it at my house because he's having a hard time focusing on the road and at the same time, conversing with me.

Not about twenty minutes later, we have reached my huge driveway. James and I went out of his car and I led him to our backyard. We sat at the wooden swings and started talking about the preempted conversation a while ago.

"What I was trying to say a while ago is that I don't want to live under your shadow anymore, James. I just--"

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" James asked.

"It's...I don't know." I answered. "But, let me explain."

James nodded and he stared into my eyes as we swayed back and forth in our respective swings.

"While you were away for your basketball tournament, I've been hanging out with my friends and I couldn't help but hear all these rumors about me - us. Like how you're being a bit controllable with my life like wherever you go, I go. I don't want to be that kind of girlfriend. I want to be somebody, not a nobody. I have a name too, you know. I want to be called 'Fretzie' and not as 'James's girlfriend.'" I sighed as I finally let out all the feelings I've been keeping inside of me for a long time now.

James bowed his head and took my hand. "I'm sorry. I...I should've known your situation. I shouldn't have been so blind. Maybe that's why you've been down for a while. I-I can't decipher your emotions that's why I have no idea what to do." he said.

A tear escaped my eye and it rolled down my cheek and finally fell onto my skirt.

"If you think that singing in the assembly and proving to everybody else that you're not just my girlfriend, then...we'll do it." James told me. "We'll sing in the assembly. And I'll make sure that everybody gets to discover you. I'll make sure that after our performance, everybody will see you for who you are. As Fretzie Bercede."

I smiled at him before giving him a kiss on the lips. "Thank you, James."

"For a second, I thought you were gonna break up with me." James told me.

I slapped him lightly on the shoulder while a genuine laugh escaped my mouth. "Why would I do that? I love you too much to let you go."

~

"You're going to be fine. You're gonna do great." James told me as we were positioning ourselves on the stage. 

Two weeks ago, I made a confession to James and because of that he agreed to let us sing in the assembly to prove myself and so that I can finally let people see who I really was. Today, I'm going to make a name for myself. No longer will I be labeled as 'James's girlfriend.'

To be honest, I've always been shy when it comes to performing in front of a huge crowd that's why I've never done it before but now that I know I'm going to be with James, I feel confident. I feel confident with our performance because there wasn't really any practice needed for we knew all the words to the song we were going to sing and we don't really have a choreography. We thought that everything will just come naturally to us.

I nodded nervously at him and smiled. "It's just that I haven't done this before. You know me James, I'm always the shy one and never had the chance to get the spotlight." I said.

"That's the reason why nobody knows you. You need to leave the old Fretzie behind and let the new one shine. Besides, you now have the spotlight, and I'm happy that you're sharing it with me." James responded.

I smiled at him and he grabbed my hand as we were introduced. I tried not to think about those guys that used to tease me and call me names when James wasn't around: Ryan, Joe, Jack, and then those guys that I used to have a major crush on before James: Ivan, Patrick, and Bret.

"Performing 'Kiss You' by One Direction, here's Fretzie Bercede and James Reid!"

The last thing I heard was screaming coming from the audience as the curtain was lifted behind us. James was already facing the crowd while I have my arm on his shoulder and my back was on the audience. I popped my hips when I heard the intro to the song. Soon I felt James grab my hand and twirled me around so now I was facing the audience with him.

The intro finished and James started singing. We were dancing our way to the center of the stage, and as I looked over at James, his eyes were fixed on mine.

Oh I just wanna take you anywhere that you like
We could go out any day, any night
Baby I'll take you there, take you there
Baby I'll take you there, yeah

James finished his part as smooth as he always does when he sings. He pointed at me to signal everybody that it was already my turn.

Oh tell me, tell me, tell me how to turn your love on
You can get, get anything that you want
Baby just shout it out, shout it out
Baby just shout it out, yeah

And if you (you)
You want me too (too)
Let's make a move (move)

Yeah, so tell me girl if every time we...

To-o-ouch, you get this kinda ru-u-ush
Baby say yeah, yeah, yeah
If you don't wanna take it slow
And you just wanna take me home
Baby say yeah, yeah, yeah

And let me kiss you

James twirled me around again and as soon as I finished spinning, I turned to look at him and started to sing my part. We walked closer and closer to each other until our faces were only inches apart.

Oh baby, baby don't you know you got what I need?
Looking so good from your head to your feet
Come on come over here, over here
Come on come over here, yeah

As I was singing, we distanced ourselves from each other and now that James's part is starting, he signaled me to come closer to him once again. He pointed at me while he sang.

Oh I just wanna show you off to all of my friends
Making them drool down their chinny-chin-chins
Baby be mine tonight, mine tonight
Baby me mine tonight, yeah

And if you (you)
You want me too (too)
Let's make a move (move)

Yeah, so tell me girl if every time we...

To-o-ouch, you get this kinda ru-u-ush
Baby say yeah, yeah, yeah
If you don't wanna take it slow
And you just wanna take me home
Baby say yeah, yeah, yeah

And let me kiss you

James and I met at the center of the stage as we fooled around during the "na na's."

Yeah, so tell me girl if every time we...

To-o-ouch, you get this kinda ru-u-ush
Baby say yeah, yeah, yeah
If you don't wanna take it slow
And you just wanna take me home
Baby say yeah, yeah, yeah

Every time we to-o-ouch, you get this kinda ru-u-ush
Baby say yeah, yeah, yeah
If you don't wanna take it slow
And you just wanna take me home
Baby say yeah, yeah, yeah

And let me kiss you

At the end, I was facing the crowd with a smile and I glanced over at my friends and all the guys that I've mentioned earlier and my heart raced as I saw them smiling at me. But my heart raced faster as I felt James plant a kiss on my cheek right after he sang the last line of the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment