Friday, August 10, 2012

#11: Everything

A Colton Dixon and Jessica Sanchez song-shot


~ ~ ~

“Mom, I have to go back to church. I think I left my purse in there.” Jessica told her mother as she sat down at the kitchen stool and watched her mother prepare snacks for her little brothers and their friends who came over for a play date.
Mrs. Sanchez nodded. “Sure, but be back early. Deandre’s coming over remember? You haven’t seen him ever since he went to Florida to have that family vacation he’d always wanted.” She reminded.
Jessica laughed. “Of course Mom, I promise I’ll be home early. Besides, Deandre’s my best friend. I know that he’s coming back.” She said.
“Okay then, off you go.”




~ ~ ~
Jessica arrived at the church ten minutes later. She walked in and immediately scanned the room for any signs of the Reverend or any helpers around.
“Hello?” she called.
No one answered.
“Hello? Is anybody in here?” she asked.
No response, still.

Jessica sighed. She allowed herself in and walked through the aisle eyeing ever seat to see if her purse is somewhere in there. But as she reached the end, she saw no sign of her purse.
Then she remembered. She speed walked towards the Lost and Found section to see if her purse is in there. She was lucky enough that she didn’t stuff her phone in her purse or else, she’d be dead by now. Without her phone, Jessica would be nothing. She lived on that thing!
But even before she reached the Lost and Found section, she heard a piano playing. She followed the sound to see where it was coming from and it led her to a room and its door was slightly ajar. She peeked in and she saw a tall blonde guy sitting on a piano bench, playing along with the keys.
Moments later, Jessica was quite familiar with the song the guy was playing. She didn’t know who it was since his back was on her. Out of curiosity to see who the guy is, she allowed herself in as quietly and as cat-like as she can. She stayed by the door.


Find me here
And speak to me
I want to feel you
I need to hear you
You are the light
That's leading me
To the place
Where I find peace again

You are the strength
That keeps me walking
You are the hope
That keeps me trusting
You are the light
To my soul
You are my purpose
You're everything

How can I stand here with you?
And not be moved by you?
Would you tell me?
How could it be?
Any better than this?

You calm the storms
And you give me rest
You hold me in your hands
You won't let me fall
You steal my heart
And you take my breath away
God, would you take me in?
Take me deeper now

And how can I stand here with you?
And not be moved by you?
Would you tell me?
How could it be?
Any better than this?

And how can I stand here with you?
And not be moved by you?
Would you tell me?
How could it be?
Any better than this?

Cause you're all I want
You're all I need
You're everything, you're everything

You're all I want
You're all I need
You're everything, you're everything

You're all I want, yeah
You're all I need
You're everything, you're everything


You're all I want
You're all I need
You're everything, you're everything

And how can I stand here with you
And not be moved by you
Would you tell me
How could it be
Any better than this

And how can I stand here with you
And not be moved by you
Would you tell me
How could it be
Any better, any better than this

And how can I stand here with you
And not be moved by you
Would you tell me
How could it be
Any better than this
The guy stood up from the bench and swiftly turned around, leaving no time for Jessica to exit the room before he saw her.
“W-what are you doing here?” he asked. “You’re not supposed to be here.”
“Uh…uh…” Jessica stuttered. She looked everywhere but his eyes, trying to avoid any eye contact with him. Suddenly, her eyes settled down on a particular item sitting at the top of the piano. “I was looking for my purse. I left it here this morning.” She said.
“Oh.” The guy said. “Why didn’t you just tell me?” he laughed as he took the purse and handed it over to Jessica.
“Thanks.” Jessica said.
“You’re welcome.” The guy replied. “So, how long have you been standing there?” he asked.
“Long enough to hear you play.” Jessica answered. “You’re amazing by the way. You have a great voice.”
The guy turned away from her and Jessica swore she saw his cheeks turn into a light shade of red. “Thanks.” He muttered.
“Well, I better get going. My best friend’s back from Florida and he’s coming over at my place.” Jessica said.
The guy nodded. “Yeah, well I’m guessing there’s going to be a party so…have fun.”
Jessica smiled. She turned towards the door but before she could even touch the doorknob, the guy stopped her.
“Wait.”
Jessica turned around and raised an eyebrow. “Yes?”
“I believe you haven’t fully introduced yourself yet.” He said.
“Oh. I’m Jessica.” She said as she stuck out her hand for the guy to shake.
“I’m Colton. Reverend Dixon’s son.” He replied as he took her hand and gently shook it.
~ ~ ~
“I met this guy…” Jessica suddenly blurted out as she and Deandre were having some snacks in her bedroom talking about life, his trip and everything. The only topic they never brought up was their love life. But tonight, Jessica brought it up.
Deandre stopped whatever he was doing and stared at his best friend. “You met a guy?” he asked.
Jessica nodded. “He’s so…I don’t know, mysterious? And at the same time, he seems so sweet.” She answered.
“Well, who is he?” Deandre asked.
“His name is Colton.” Jessica replied.
“Colton?” Deandre asked. “Colton…hmm…why does that name sounds so familiar?” Deandre rubbed his chin whilst his eyes were squinted in deep thought.
“It’s because he’s the Reverend’s son!” Jessica exclaimed.
Deandre, who currently gave up from trying to remember someone named Colton and reached for his beverage on Jessica’s bedside table, spitted out his drink in surprise. “Reverend’s son!?” Deandre asked, wide-eyed.
“Yeah, he is.” Jessica answered. She laid on her stomach as she gazed dreamily at Deandre who still have that shock-stricken face on him.
“But Jessica, wouldn’t it be so hard? I mean, look at that Mandy Moore movie A Walk to Remember. The guy fell in love with the Reverend’s daughter and it ain’t easy.” Deandre said; feeling scared for his best friend.
Jessica sat up and looked at Deandre before reaching for a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos. “I’m pretty sure this is not going to be like that, Deandre.” She said.
“And how is that?” he asked.
“Because he’s a guy! Of course, his father would want to know whose girl his son is dating but…I’m sure our story won’t be like Jamie and Landon’s.” Jessica replied.
“Our story? Our story?” Deandre asked. “You’re considering having a relationship with him?”
“I like him, Deandre. From the moment I heard his voice, I fell in love; and when he turned around, I fell harder; and the fact that he’s mysterious and sweet at the same time—“
“Okay, okay, I get it.” Deandre interrupted, raising his hands up in the air.
Jessica laid her elbow on her knee as her chin rested on her knuckle. She glanced out at the starry sky, thinking of Colton and the sound of his melodic voice. “I want to get to know him better…someday.”
“Yeah, I wish you all the luck I can.” Deandre said.
Jessica pushed him lightly on the chest as she shove her hand inside Deandre’s bag of chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment