Thursday, August 23, 2012

#17: One Thing


Colton Dixon and Jessica Sanchez song-shot
[Featuring: Phillip Phillips]

~ ~ ~
Elise Testone just placed the plate of scrambled eggs on the table before settling down on her usual seat at the dining area. She eyed everyone and noticed that someone in particular is missing.        
“Where is Jessica?” Elise asked.
Everyone turned to look around them and saw no sign of Jessica around. Elise nudged Skylar on the arm. “Can you check on her? Maybe she’s oversleeping.” She asked.
Skylar nodded. “Sure.” She stood up and headed upstairs and into Jessica’s room. Skylar poked her head inside and saw Jessica’s petite frame curled up in the bed with her comforter wrapped around her.
“Jessica?”
“Hmm?” she answered.
“Why are you still here?” Skylar asked.
“I’m not feeling so well.” Jessica answered.




Skylar sat at the edge of her bed and placed her hand on Jessica’s forehead. “Oh, my gosh, you’re burning!” she announced.
Jessica didn’t respond.
“Jessica?” Skylar called. She leaned in so that she can get a closer look on Jessica. She found her drifting back to sleep. Skylar shrugged. She fixed Jessica’s fallen strands of hair before going back downstairs.
~ ~ ~
“Jessica’s sick. She’s burning!” Skylar announced as she walked back in the kitchen.
Phillip immediately stood up. “I’ll go check on her.” He said.
“She’s sleeping.” Skylar informed.
“Still…” Phillip said before completely storming off towards Jessica’s bedroom.
~ ~ ~
Phillip allowed himself in and saw Jessica emerging from her bathroom. She smiled when she saw him.
“How are you feeling?” Phillip asked.
“Not so good. My head’s killing me and my nostrils and my eyes are burning and my eyes are watery.” Jessica answered, crawling back under her comforter.
“I’ll get you some medicine.” Phillip said.
“No, don’t bother. I already took them.” Jessica said.
“Oh.” Was all Phillip could say.
After a long pregnant pause, Jessica spoke up. “Phillip?” she called.
“Yeah?”
“Can you sing me a song?” Jessica requested.
“What do you want me to sing?” Phillip asked.
“Anything. It’s your choice.” Jessica responded.
Phillip thought for a while. A smile crept up his face as soon as he thought of the perfect song. “I know you’ll love this.”
Jessica nodded and waited for Phillip to start. He took Jessica’s burning hand and started singing the song.
I've tried playing it cool
But when I'm looking at you
I can't ever be brave
Cause you make my heart race
“Really, Phillip?” Jessica asked in disbelief.
“Do not underestimate my love for One Direction. Trust me, I know all the words to their songs.” Phillip said which made Jessica burst out laughing.
Shot me out of the sky
You're my kryptonite
You keep making me weak
Yeah, frozen and can't breathe

Something's gotta give now
Cause I'm dying just to make you see
That I need you here with me now
Cause you've got that one thing

So get out, get out, get out of my head
And fall into my arms instead
As he said those lyrics, Phillip pulled Jessica into a hug. Jessica continuously laughs at Phillip and his One Direction loving side.
“You’ll get sick as well.” Jessica said.
“Shh, I’m singing.” Phillip replied.
I don't, I don't, don't know what it is
But I need that one thing
And you've got that one thing
~ ~ ~
Colton and Elise were left cleaning up the kitchen. Elise noticed Colton’s sudden mood change, considering the fact that she knows Colton has a little schoolboy crush on Jessica and that Phillip hasn’t come out of Jessica’s room yet, missing his breakfast.
“It’s time.” Elise suddenly said.
Colton looked at her confusingly. “Time for what? Are you baking cookies or something?” he asked as he checked on the oven.
Elise laughed. “No. It’s time for you to go up there with Jessica.” She said.
“Oh.” Colton replied. “But she’s with Phillip.”
“Tell Phillip I need him here.” Elise said with a smile.
Colton grinned at her. “Thanks Elise, you’re the best.” He said.
“I know, I know. You don’t have to rub it in. Now, go up there and get Phillip out of that room.”
With that, Colton came rushing up the stairs.
“Wait!” Elise called.
Colton stopped in his tracks and walked back towards the kitchen. “Yeah?”
Elise handed him a bowl of hot soup. “Feed her.” She said.
“Thanks.” Colton said as he took the bowl from Elise’s grasp.
Slowly, he went back upstairs.
~ ~ ~
Phillip was about to sing the second verse when suddenly; there was a knock on the door.
“I’ll get it.” Phillip said. He walked towards the door and opened it up, only to reveal the one and only Colton Dixon.
“Skinny Mini!” Jessica exclaimed, followed by a tiny sneeze.
“Phillip, I’ll take care of her. Elise wants you downstairs.” Colton said.
Phillip pressed his lips together and bid goodbye to Jessica before finally walking out of the room. Colton couldn’t help but smile as he closes the door. He turned to his heels and faced Jessica and sat on the edge of the bed, scooped up a portion of the soup and fed Jessica.
Now I'm climbing the walls
But you don't notice at all
That I'm going out of my mind
All day and all night
“How did you know Phillip was singing that song?” Jessica asked as she opened her mouth and allowed Colton to feed her.
Colton shrugged. “I heard Phillip singing it.” He answered.
“Oh.”
Suddenly, as Jessica fed herself this time, Colton smiled which immediately turned into a guffaw.
“What’s funny?” Jessica asked.
Colton reached for a Kleenex and wiped Jessica’s mouth with it as he continuously sang the song.
Something's gotta give now
Cause I'm dying just to know your name
And I need you here with me now
Cause you've got that one thing
Suddenly, Phillip came back inside the room with Jessica’s vitamins in hand and a glass full of water. He handed it to her and she drank it quickly.
So get out, get out, get out of my head
And fall into my arms instead
I don't, I don't, don't know what it is
But I need that one thing

So get--
Colton interrupted Phillip. He sent him a glare when Jessica wasn’t looking.
So get out, get out, get out of my mind
And come on, come in to my life
I don't, I don't, don't know what it is
But I need that one thing
And you've got that one thing
“I need to go to the bathroom.” Jessica said as she stood up from the bed and went to the bathroom attached to her room.
Woah-oh-oh-oh
Woah-oh-oh-oh
Woah-oh-oh-oh

You've got that one thing
“What do you think you’re doing?” Phillip asked.
“I am taking care of Jessica. What do you think I’m doing?” Colton answered.
“Then what was that all about?” Phillip asked.
“What?”
“You know, the feeding, the singing, cutting me off and the glaring. It’s as if you’re trying to impress Jessica.” Phillip replied.
“Well, aren’t you?” Colton snapped.
Phillip froze. “Well, yeah. I was trying to impress her.”
“Well, guess what? I am too!” Colton said.
Phillip rubbed his chin. “So, we both like Jessica, huh?” he asked.
“Uh-huh.” Colton said, running his tongue across his teeth. He drew out a hand for Phillip to shake. “May the best man win.” He said.
Phillip stared at Colton’s hand before taking it and giving it a firm shake. “I’ll make sure I’ll win.”
“No, I will win.”
“No. I will win her heart…for sure.”
“Well, she’s closer to me than with you.” Colton said.
Phillip scoffed. “Yeah, ‘cause you’re her Skinny Mini.” He mocked.
“Hey, don’t make fun of our nickname!” Colton said.
“I am not—“
“Hey guys, what’s going on?” Jessica suddenly asked as she came out of her bathroom.
“Nothing.” Colton and Phillip answered in unison.        
Jessica eyed both guys before shrugging it off. “I don’t know about you two but I’m sleepy.” She said as she went back to her bed and wrapping herself with her comforter again. She sat with her back on the bed’s headboard. Colton sat on her left as Phillip was on her right.
Get out, get out, get out of my head
And fall into my arms instead
As if on cue, Jessica’s head unconsciously fell on Phillip’s shoulder and he smiled triumphantly. He snuck his tongue out at Colton.

So get out, get out, get out of my head
And fall into my arms instead
I don't, I don't, don't know what it is
But I need that one thing
Out of jealousy, Colton gently took Jessica’s head from Phillip’s shoulder and laid her head on his instead.
So get out, get out, get out of my mind
And come on, come in to my life
I don't, I don't, don't know what it is
But I need that one thing
Yeah, you've got that one thing
Colton finished the last part of the song and he and Phillip both gazed down at Jessica and saw that she has fallen asleep completely.
“Do you think we should go now?” Phillip asked.
Colton nodded. “You clean up the mess, I’ll handle Jessica.” He instructed.
“Whaaaat?” Phillip complained.
Colton gave him a look. “Just do it.”
Reluctantly, Phillip took the empty bowl and the almost empty glass of water. Meanwhile, Colton positioned Jessica in a more comfortable spot in the bed and pulled the comforter up to her chin. He planted a kiss on her forehead, which earned an eye roll from Phillip.
Together, Colton and Phillip headed out the door.
Hearing the door click shut, Jessica opened her eyes and a big genuine smile appeared on her face.

No comments:

Post a Comment