Thursday, August 16, 2012

#13: Superstar

Jason Grace and Piper McLean song-shot


~ ~ ~

This is wrong but I can't help but feel like
There ain't nothing more right, babe
Misty morning comes again and I can't
Help but wish I could see your face

Every morning when I wake up, the hope inside of me that someday I’ll see him in person never fades; eye to eye. I hope that someday I’ll see his smile that never fails to make me melt.
And I knew from the first note played
I'd be breaking all my rules to see you
Yes, I can disobey all the rules and curfews my parents gave me just so I can see him.
You smile that beautiful smile
And all the girls in the front row scream your name
The television is my limit. I know that. Every time I watch your shows and talk show guest, I couldn’t help myself but get jealous and be envy at all those girls that get to see you in person. Those girls who get to see your knee-weakening smile; those who get to hold your hand; those girls who luckily catches your eyes even if they’re in a massive crowd.
And I couldn’t help but to ask myself: when will I get to experience those things?


So dim that spotlight
Tell me things like
I can't take my eyes off of you
I'm no one special just another wide-eyed girl
Whose desperately in love with you
Give me a photograph to hang on my wall
Superstar
Oh, how I wish that I was the only girl that you’ll ever love. I wish that I’m the girl that every time you went backstage, I’ll be the first person you’ll ever go to and then you’ll hug me real tight and then you’ll say those words that I’ve been dying to hear from you. But then of course, all of that are just big plain fan girl wish, because I’m just an ordinary teenage girl that boys like you don’t waste their time on. I’m so in love with you, if you only know.
You’re the superstar of my life.


Good morning loneliness
Comes around when I'm not dreaming about you
When my world wakes up today
You'll be in another town

And I knew when I saw your face
I'd be counting down the ways to see you
You smile that beautiful smile
And all the girls in the front row scream your name
I get sad whenever I don’t get to dream about you. But I’m happy when I do. Sometimes, I hear rumors or updates about your shows (mall shows, Fans Day, band gigs) that will be held near my place where I know I can easily get there. But, as always, my parents don’t allow me. I’m like their prisoner and they’re the guards.
And when I wake up, I know, you’re impossible to reach…again.
The first time I ever saw your handsome face, I know deep inside of me that I’ll always force my best friend to tag-along with me whenever I get the chance to sneak out and see your mall shows. But, every time, our plans always backfire at the last minute, and then I’ll be at my room, envying those girls again. Always.


So dim that spotlight
Tell me things like
I can't take my eyes off of you
I'm no one special just another wide-eyed girl
Whose desperately in love with you
Give me a photograph to hang on my wall
Superstar

You played in bars
You play guitar
I'm invisible and everyone knows who you are
I always visit YouTube every day just to watch your band’s gigs. You’re good, well scratch that, you’re excellent (and cute) with the guitar that’s why I got attracted to you. Then I heard you sing for the first time, and that’s the time I know you’ve won me over.
Everyone knows you while here I am, wishing and hoping that someday I’ll get to know you and you’ll get to know me. I envy those people that you know and you’re close to. I envy those who get to see and be with you every day. I hope that soon, I’ll be one of those people.
And you'll never see
You sing me to sleep
Every night from the radio
I always listen to the radio because they always play your band’s songs. You might not be the vocalist but once I get to hear your songs, you always put me to a blissful sleep.

So dim that spotlight
Tell me things like
I can't take my eyes off of you
I'm no one special just another wide-eyed girl
Whose desperately in love with you
Give me a photograph to hang on my wall
Superstar
Yes, crazy if I’m crazy. Dreamy if I’m dreamy. Stupid if I’m stupid, but all I know is that…I love you so much. I’m so in love with you…
Jason Grace.
Sweet, sweet superstar: Jason Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment