Wednesday, August 22, 2012

#15: We're Not The Perfect Two


Sam Evans and Quinn Fabray song-shot
~ ~ ~
Quinn Fabray runs inside the choir room and straight towards the upper far right corner chair. She kept her head down, hoping that nobody will see her bloodshot eyes, red nose and tear strained cheeks. She knows some of the Glee club members’ eyes are planted on her but she doesn’t seem to care.
All that she cares about was Sam. Sam Evans. Minutes before Glee starts, Sam met her by her locker. A big grin plastered on her face as soon as she shuts her locker. But something was wrong…what Quinn’s expression is, was the opposite of what Sam has on his features. And this made Quinn frown.
“What’s wrong?” Quinn asked worriedly.
“I’m not your boyfriend anymore.” Sam monotonously said as he started walking away. Truth be told, Sam didn’t want to break Quinn’s heart. He doesn’t want to see her cry in front of him, her heart shattering into pieces before his eyes. He just couldn’t take that all, that’s why he walked away before he witnesses all those.
“W-what? Sam, I don’t-I don’t understand.” Quinn said as she started following him.




“Even if I told you the reason why I’m doing this Quinn, you wouldn’t understand.” Sam said, still keeping himself from turning around and facing the teary blonde.
“Sam, I-I…was it something I did? Something I said? If that’s so, well, I’m sorry I didn’t mean to. Please just…just don’t leave me, Sam. I need you!” Quinn broke down. She lowered her head and started sobbing so hard, her shoulders started shaking.
Sam closed his eyes as soon as he heard Quinn’s heartbreaking sob. He felt tears brimming in his own eyes as well. But he has to do this…
He has to leave Quinn…
“You deserve good things, Quinn, but it’s not me. You don’t deserve me. Goodbye, see you in Glee.” Sam said before finally making his way towards his own locker, leaving Quinn alone in the hallway, trying her best to control her sobs.
The scene kept on replaying over and over again in Quinn’s mind. Before she found herself replaying the break up once again, a voice seemed to take her back to reality. The reality where she sits on someone else’s seat and not in her usual middle row one; where she’s back in the Glee club awaiting Mr. Schue’s arrival; and especially, the reality where Sam isn’t someone she can call mine anymore.
“Baby Mama, something wrong?” Puck asked.
“Don’t want to talk about it.” Quinn replied.
“Is it Biebster?” Puck asked.
Before Quinn could ever answer, Mr. Schue arrived.
“Okay guys! Our assignment for this week is to revamp the lyrics of a song so that it’ll look like it’s an original. So, who wants to go first?” he said.
Quinn shyly raised her hand. “I’ll go first.”
Mr. Schue looked at her and beamed. “Great. The floor’s all yours.” He said as he stepped aside and took a seat next to Rachel.
Quinn walked towards the middle and looked at Sam, who was trying to avoid any eye contact with her.
“The song that I revamped is Auburn’s Perfect Two.” She announced. “So, this is how it goes…”
She took a deep breath and glanced at Sam. She kept her eyes on him as she started singing the first verse.
We always used to talk real late after midnight
Now the only thing we do on the phone is fight
Is there a way to make things go away?
I don't think that we're gonna be okay
You were my hero and I was your sidekick
Now you're gonna be the tear that I cry when we split
Baby I don't think that I can do this
It seems so wrong making up with only one kiss

Don't think that I could ever be
Able to stay with you now, baby
Cause in time I know that we'll both see
We're not meant to be

Cause you're the one who makes me cry
You will never ever save me
All your words are full of lies
You're not the one I wanna marry
Cause baby can't you see
We're just a fantasy
There's nothing we can do
We're not the perfect two
We're not the perfect two
We're not the perfect two
Baby me and you
We're not the perfect two

I thought you were my prince and I was your princess
Now that we're here all of that is meaningless
I think I was fool for letting you feel the spaces
Between my hands and my diary pages
You used to be the one that made me happy
You used to tell me you were lucky to have me
Now you're as cold as the winter weather
But I don't care cause we're no longer together


Don't think that I could ever be
Able to stay with you now, baby
Cause in time I know that we'll both see
We're not meant to be

Cause you're the one who makes me cry
You will never ever save me
All your words are full of lies
You're not the one I wanna marry
Cause baby can't you see
We're just a fantasy
There's nothing we can do
We're not the perfect two
We're not the perfect two
We're not the perfect two
Baby me and you
We're not the perfect two

You know that I'll never love you
Like the way I ever used to
But you know I will remember you
Now that I'm gone I smile
It took me quite a while
To see we won't walk the aisle
As Quinn said those lyrics, her fingers found its way to the promise ring Sam gave her, in which she still wears even after the break up.



Cause you're the one who makes me cry
You will never ever save me
All your words are full of lies
You're not the one I wanna marry
Cause baby can't you see
We're just a fantasy
There's nothing we can do
We're not the perfect two
We're not the perfect two
We're not the perfect two
Baby me and you
We're not the perfect two
As Quinn finished the song, does she only realized she was in tears. Usually, she doesn’t sing well when she’s crying but this time was different.


Mr. Schue stood up and congratulated her for her great work with the song. She nodded in response. Quinn walked back to her seat but as she passed by Sam, she heard him whisper: “I’m so sorry, Quinn.”

No comments:

Post a Comment