Saturday, August 18, 2012

#14: Beautiful Soul


Sam Concepcion and Fretzie Bercede song-shot

~ ~ ~

“So, what exactly is your plan?” Fretzie’s ex-boyfriend, James Reid asked.
“I’m thinking of a candlelit dinner in the middle of a garden with petals blanketing the grass and—“
“No.” James interrupted.
Sam’s head snapped towards him. “What do you mean ‘no’?” he asked.
“That idea is too overused. Try something new. Something that I think nobody has ever done yet.” James answered.
“Like what? What’s exactly in your mind? Do you have an idea?” Sam questioned.
“I’m thinking of something similar to a treasure hunt.” James responded.
“Treasure hunt?” Sam asked. “What’s the treasure?”
“You.” James simply answered. “You’re the treasure. She’ll go hunting for you.”
Sam grinned. He liked the idea James suggested. He’s pretty sure with that unique kind of courting; Fretzie will be his in no time. “I like it. I think I’ll go with that.” He said.


~ ~ ~
Sam and James went to the mall after to buy things for Sam’s plan on courting Fretzie. When they got all the stuff they needed, James spotted Patrick, Fretzie’s brother and her cousin, Yen.
James nudged Sam. “Hey, isn’t that Fretzie’s brother?” he asked. “And her cousin?”
Sam tensed. “Yep, it’s them.”
“Do you want to go and ask for his permission to court Fretzie?” James asked.
“Do you think I should do that?” Sam asked.
James nodded in response. “You should. Unless you want Fretzie’s parents to find out you and her got back together and then they’ll have to break—“
“Okay, okay. I’ll do it.” Sam interrupted. He glanced towards where he last saw Patrick and Yen and noticed that they were coming their way.
“I guess they saw us.” James whispered.
“Hey guys!” Yen greeted.
“Hey, um…Patrick.” Sam called. “Can I…can I talk to you for a second?”
Patrick nodded. “Yeah, sure.”
Sam and Patrick distanced away from Yen and James. “So, um…” Sam started, taking in a deep breath.
“Sam, what is it?” Patrick asked.
“I know that Fretzie’s matured enough and I know that she can handle anything that might come her way and I just want to ask, maybe…um, maybe I can—“
“Yes.” Patrick said.
Sam froze. “What?”
“Yes. I’m letting you court Fretzie.” Patrick explained.
“B-but h-how did you know that’s what I’m going to ask?”
“When I was still in Australia and Fretzie’s in the Philippines, I found out that you guys broke up because my parents found out that you were Fretzie’s secret boyfriend. I talked sense to them and…lucky for you, they finally allowed Fretzie to have a boyfriend.” Patrick explained.
Sam’s smile widens. “Really?”
Patrick nodded. He accidentally looked down and saw the shopping bags Sam was holding. He pointed at it. “I’m guessing that’s for my sister.”
Sam looked down as well. “Yeah, it is. James helped me picked them up.”
“Well, I know that James also became one of Fretzie’s secret boyfriend but…you have my vote. I like you for my sister.” Patrick said, as he laid a hand on Sam’s shoulder. “Go get her, tiger.”
~ ~ ~
“Alright! Everything’s all set.” Sam said.
“All we need is Fretzie, herself.” James said, clasping his hands together.
Sam took his car key out of his jeans pocket and handed it over to James. “Can you fetch Fretzie? I need to clean up some things up here.” Sam said.
James gladly took the key from Sam. “Okay.”
And so, James took off.
~ ~ ~
Fretzie was in her veranda, reading a book. She was getting tired of reading so she placed a bookmark on the page where she left off and laid it down on the chair beside her. And that’s when she noticed Sam’s car parked on her driveway.
“Sam!” she exclaimed gleefully.
Fretzie ran down the stairs and to her front door only to find James.
“DD?” she asked.
James raised Sam’s car key. “We’re going somewhere.” He said.
“Huh? What? Where? Why are we using Sam’s car?” Fretzie asked as she let herself get dragged by James.
“Just be patient, Ching.” James said.
“I’m not even dressed!” Fretzie complained.
James stopped from dragging her and looked her from head to toe. He chuckled. “You call that ‘not dressed’? You look like you’re going to a party!” James said.
“Still…” Fretzie whined.
James ignored her and continuously dragged her gently towards Sam’s car. He opened up Fretzie’s door for her. She reluctantly got inside.
After ten minutes of driving, they finally arrived at an abandoned park.
“DD, why are we here?” Fretzie asked. “Don’t you know it’s abandoned?”
James locked the door and handed Fretzie a piece of paper. Fretzie was about to open it but James stopped her.
“No! Not yet.” James said. “Open it when I leave, okay?”
Fretzie’s eyes widen. “What? You’re leaving me here? James, I’m not familiar with this place anymore. I don’t know the way home!” she complained.
“Just…trust me. I am not completely leaving. Just…please, Fretzie, trust me.” James pleaded.
Fretzie was close to tears. She never liked being left alone in an unfamiliar place.
James walked up to her and wiped her fallen tears away. “Close your eyes.” He instructed.
Fretzie obeyed. She closed her eyes though the tears didn’t stop pouring. Ten seconds after, she opened her eyes and she saw no sign of James. It made her cry harder.
“DD, where are you?” she mumbled.
Just then, she remembered the paper James gave her. Fretzie opened it up.

"I know that you are something special
To you I'd be always faithful
I want to be what you always needed
Then I hope you'll see the heart in me..."

Clue #1:
Walk fifteen steps ahead of you. Just straight ahead, don't make any turns.
Fretzie looked ahead of hers and there she saw a trail. “1…2…3…4…5…” she counted as she walked; tears continuously pouring.
When she has reached the number fifteen, she saw a rose lying on the ground with a rolled up paper attached to its stem.
Fretzie picked it up and read the note.

"I dont want another pretty face
I don't want just anyone to hold
I don't want my love to go to waste
I want you and your beautiful soul..."

Clue #2:
Turn to your left. Follow the red roses along the aisle.


With one last sniff of the rose’s scent, Fretzie looked to her left. And there she saw a long trail covered with red roses along the side and the main trail was covered with red petals.
By that time, Fretzie’s crying subsided.
She was amused with everything she’s seeing. It made her smile since she loves nature the most of all things. She picked up petals along the way and then she’d throw them in the air as she twirl around letting all the petals fall freely on her face and onto the ground.
Sadly, the trail has to end. When she reached the end, she saw a jar sitting on the ground. She picked it up and she saw a butterfly and a note inside. Fretzie opened the jar and the butterfly flew away.
Fretzie took out the note and she read it.
"You're the one I wanna chase
You're the one I wanna hold
I won't let another minute go to waste
I want you and your beautiful soul..."

Clue #3:
See that butterfly? I don't wanna chase it because it's you who I wanna chase. Go inside the butterfly garden.
Fretzie got so giddy. She might not know who did all of these but she was certain he was making her heart flutter and her stomach’s full of butterflies.
She went inside the butterfly garden.
Butterflies were flying everywhere when Fretzie entered the garden. Her smile widens and brightens as a couple of butterflies noticed her arrival and flew towards her. Some landed on her shoulder while a pretty yellow one landed on her palm.
She trudged along the path, glancing everywhere for she was awestruck with all the unique beauty of those butterflies.
When she reached the end, she saw a bracelet hanging by the door’s handle. She pulled it out of there and she saw a note attached to it, probably a new clue, as always.

"You might need time to think it over
But I'm just fine, moving forward
I'll ease your mind
If you give me the chance
I will never make you cry, come on let's try..."

Clue #4:
I hope that you enjoyed the butterfly garden. Move forward and you'll see something...
She exited the butterfly garden and the trail resumes. She just followed where the trail goes until she saw a carved arrow pointing up on the tree. Fretzie looked up and not far above, a humongous teddy bear was hanging on the lowest branch and it was wearing a necklace…with a new note…a new clue.
Since she was petite, Fretzie has to stand on her tiptoes to get the teddy bear. She almost stumbled down when the bear fell on her face. The note fell as well.
Fretzie picked the bear up and the fallen note as well and she held the bear in one hand as she tries to open the next clue.
"Am I crazy for wanting you?
Maybe do you think you could want me too?
I don't wanna waste your time
Do you see the things the way I do?
I just wanna know if you feel it too
There is nothing left to hide..."

Clue #5:
Look in front of you. You will see two paths. Any which you choose, it will always be me who you'll end up with. See you soon!
Fretzie’s face felt hot after reading the note. Whoever this person was, Fretzie was dying to know whom.
She looked straight ahead and she saw the two paths mentioned in the note. Fretzie picked the flowery path. Butterflies flew and landed on flowers as the birds tweet a beautiful tune. Fretzie doesn’t even feel like she’s in an abandoned park anymore. She felt like she’s in a different planet.
And then she saw it.
A table for two set up in the middle of the garden, overlooking the nearby ocean. She covered her mouth with her hands in awe, dropping the teddy bear in the process.
Suddenly, someone from behind her covered her eyes.
“Guess who?”
Fretzie felt the pair of hands covering her eyes and she immediately recognized it. “Sam…”
He removed his hands from her eyes and Fretzie swiftly turned around and smiled. “Ha! I was right!” she exclaimed.
“Fretzie, I want you to listen to me.” Sam said.
Fretzie nodded.
“I know that we broke up because your parents found out that you have a boyfriend when clearly, you’re not allowed to have one yet. This morning, I bumped into your brother and I asked him for permission and he…he told me I’m allowed to court you. Your brother talked sense to your parents and they finally allowed you to have a boyfriend.” Sam said.
Fretzie was speechless.
“Fretzie, I love you so much. When we broke up the first time, I never looked at anyone or any girl. Heck, I didn’t even like anybody because you’re the only girl who made me feel this way. I’m happy when I’m with you; I forget all my problems. I never get bored when I’m with you.” Sam said.
Fretzie still never said a single word though a tear fell down her cheek again. Sam wiped it away.
“In short, Fretzie…can you be mine again?” asked Sam, as he held on to Fretzie’s hands tight.
“C-can I ask you a question?” Fretzie asked.
Sam nodded.
“Can you be mine? I mean, just mine?”
Sam laughed. “Fretzie, I’m all yours.”
Fretzie smiled which turned to laughter, as she wiped her tears away. “Yes Sam, I want to be your girlfriend again.”
“Really?” Sam asked in disbelief.
Fretzie nodded. “Like you said, I’m all yours.”
In so much joy, Sam hugged her tight. He lifted her up as he twirled her around. When Sam stopped twirling Fretzie around and has put her down on the ground, Fretzie wrapped her arms around his neck as she leaned in and gave him a sweet kiss on the lips; the kiss that Sam has been longing to feel again for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment